March absolutely flew by. I'm not quite sure how it's already the end of the month. Charlie has learned so much this month - Charles and I often marvel at how you can watch his little brain figuring things out.
| If I wait to get around to cropping this, this post will never go live... |
Charlie's current favorites:
- BuddyDog - he squeals and laughs and flails whenever he sees Cody. He also loves it when Cody licks his hands, although he's not quite sure what to think when Cody gets him in the face (we do try to avoid this, but, well, it's not always possible).
- Chicken - yes, we have the baby who is not a fan of traditional baby food purees or sweet foods (ie fruit), but is a big fan of savory foods, particularly tiny bits of plain shredded chicken.
- Daddy - I'm not sure who is more exciting at the moment, Charles or Cody.
- Jumperoo - jumping continues to be a favorite activity. My favorite is when he is tired or done jumping and starts crying - while he's still frantically jumping as fast as he can.
- Music - Any and all kinds. He's just started bobbing his head along with the music.
- People - yep, still Mr. Social. Verdict is still out as to whether or not he inherited some of those Varga genes.
- Sitting. Charlie is almost stable sitting up. He can't get himself to a sitting position yet, but does like sitting up.
- Waking up multiple times at night. We're now consistently getting up twice a night to eat and cuddle. I do love the extra cuddle time, although I'll be glad when I can get a full night of sleep again.
- Fancy sleeping positions. I think every night for the last week, he has gotten more dramatic with his sleeping style. Bum sticking up in the air, arms and legs twisted every which way. It looks impossibly uncomfortable to us, but he's happy.
- Spinning. He isn't quite mobile yet, but can spin in circles incredibly fast. He can get anywhere in his crib, and scoot a few feet here and there, but that's about it. He does get up on all fours and rock, so we're fully expecting to be running after a mobile baby real soon.
- Talking. Our little guy loves to talk. And laugh. His talking has turned into more clear babbles than the "aiyees" and "aiyaas" of last month. We've got pretty clear "b", "c" and "h" sounds. Pretty much the only time he's not talking is if he's squealing, crying, sleeping, or really really focused on figuring something important out - like how a tag is attached to a blanket.
No comments:
Post a Comment