Monday, June 24, 2013

Big boy bed

We moved Charlie to his big boy truck room and bed a couple weeks ago. He loves it. (And I think love might be an understatement.) We had planned on taking the transition slowly to make sure he didn't have any issues. Well, Charlie's idea of slow and our idea of slow aren't the same. As soon as he saw the room, the trucks and particularly, the truck bed, he had no interest in the crib or the nursery.


Charlie passed out on his new truck bed

He's fallen out of bed twice, but both times climbed back into bed on his own. The first time we didn't go in at all, because in the 30 seconds it took me to get down the hall, he had already climbed back into bed and was quiet again. The second time was nap time, and he looked pretty disoriented. I settled him back into bed, and he went right back to sleep.

He has also done a fantastic job staying in bed, both in the mornings and after nap time. This was honestly the part I was the most concerned about, as I highly value my extra time in the mornings. And Charlie has always done better when he has his "cave time" as well. The only downside to him doing so well are when his guys fall out of bed - I went in this morning because he was fussing, only to have him point to the ground where favorites Mr. Bun (the purple bunny) and Frank (the wiener dog) had fallen. I'm not quite sure how to teach him that it's okay to get down and get his guys then climb back into bed.

No comments: