| Levi - 4 months - Sept 2013 |
Levi has grown up! This boy is rolling back and forth all over the place these days. He just graduated to 9 months clothes.
Levi weighed in at 16 lbs, 1 oz (74th percentile) and 27.5 inches (99th percentile) - following his brother's footsteps of getting relatively longer and leaner. (Charlie's 2 year post has been updated with his stats as well.)
Levi is still our generally happy, easy-going guy. He loves his big brother and Mommy and Daddy. He's also quite fond of the jumperoo. And his toy keys, a tube-cube toy and his baby giraffe. He's outgrowing the bouncer, and only likes it about half the time now.
A binky is definitely a take-it-or-leave-it item. Occasionally he decides he wants it, but the rest of the time he acts offended that it was even offered.
Levi goes to sleep best when laid down still awake. No special routine there, he goes down super easy. Except when he doesn't. Those are the times he wants to be nursed to sleep, but that only happens about 10% of the time - and seems well worth it when the alternative is "I hate you, world" screaming.
Once he is asleep, Levi is doing great. Most nights, he goes down around 8:30 and wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30am to eat, then goes down again until around 8:30. The last two nights he's slept all the way until 7am, which has been incredible! But he did also have a few nights the last couple of weeks where he was up at 1 or 2 am. I'm grateful for the nights he does sleep so well though!
Naps are another story. We had two glorious weeks where both boys took afternoon naps at the same time. Then that ended. I'm realizing that our days of being able to be out and about carefree in the morning are coming to an end for a season. If Levi doesn't get a good morning nap, then afternoon and evening naps are totally thrown off. And I think I need to get him up earlier in order to shift his naps to a point that he'll take an afternoon nap with Charlie. I suppose the good news is that the rainy season is a good time to be more house-bound!
Okay, so as I type this, maybe Levi is more like his dad than we realized - super easy going until he has an opinion - then he HAS an opinion, and watch out world.


No comments:
Post a Comment