Charlie's vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds these days. Every time I turn around, he is putting words together, or has new words. Sometimes it's clear where they came from, other times we have to do detective work. A few examples:
Charlie has a current obsession with moons, and looks for the moon any time we are outside after dark. He spent quite a bit of time looking for, and at, the moon with my Uncle David when we were in California last week. He also has a long obsession with diggers. So, when he kept saying "moon digger" the last several days, I didn't think a whole lot of it. Then Charles came down the other night from doing bedtime routine. Turns out that Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site has a picture of a moon sitting in the scoop of a digger.
On our long drive to California, after we had stopped one too many times already, Charlie tossed his binky out of reach. And screamed. He had already thrown it a few times where either my mom or I could reach and give it back to him. I wasn't about to stop to get it for him, so I told him it was his own fault that he had thrown it, and that he wasn't going to get it back. After a little bit, he settled down. Shortly after, we heard, "Own. Fault. Own. Fault." Then later, "Bye-gee (the binky). Own. Fault. Own Fault. Bye-gee." That kid!
Then yesterday, a full week and a half later, we were driving and he tossed a toy. He fussed, then stopped. Before I had a chance to say a word, I hear, "Own fault. Own fault." Yep buddy, good learning. That was your own fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment